Friday, December 14, 2007

Some of these days

Some days you're up and others you're down...not sure exactly how I'm feeling about this particular holiday season considering how much I'm working: give or take about three jobs, two of them seasonal retail; hence A LOT of time on my feet. One of them is front of house at a theatre, which I thoroughly enjoy heading to for my 6:45pm call no matter how exhausted or not exhausted I may be. The third show of the season closes this Saturday, so after that I will just have two jobs to deal with till around mid-January.

Some point in the new year I'm jetting off to work as a stage hand with Royal Caribbean Cruises. Getting back into working the twisting, dark corridors of a theatre; albeit on a ship. These theatres on the cruise ships, they're fully fledged members of the profession, let me tell you, the equipment, the lights, the rigging, the works.

Writing, and writing, and more writing away. But it's hard to concentrate on that when I'm practically working nonstop and on my day's off I only have energy to read, nap, and watch tv. I can do this, I have to take one day at a time, one shift at a time. No day but today.

Missing Montreal, and all the crazy and beautiful gang there. It's a constant. I will return there and work and create and produce.

Missing the backstage ghosts and headset conversations.

A little bit of everything in tonight's post. That's all for now folks.

No comments: