Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Grappling

Note: I just posted this in the daily check-in section of the naplwrimo forum.

November 7...about 20 pages...so far so good, at least I think so but that is partly not telling myself the truth. In the sense that mine is a semi-memory play I'm worried I guess about its drive and above all else I don't want it to be a bad crappy play. Bred in Your Bones is so important to me and I know why I'm writing it. I'm passionate about the subject, about the characters, specifically Daniel & Edith (my great grandparents), but I'm finding it hard to translate. Maybe I'm coming at it from the wrong way, the wrong point of view. On the stage it is always the present moment, the razor's edge, even if the play is "a memory play" or a stem off of this form.

No comments: